General Dynamics Information Technology
Fort Meade, MD US
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation.
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
- Possesses knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in web software development
- Requires a proficiency in the use of one or more web technologies
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in web software development and design
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Desired Computing Environment Certification: CIW Web Developer, Certified Web Developer, or CSS3
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- High School diploma/GED with 8-years of related experience, or Associate's degree with 6-years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 4-years of experience Qualifications 4-8 years of related experience in web software development.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
View Original Post